It seems like the weeks are flying by, and our little family has been so busy with cows, preschool, church, and just living life that I have been a less than stellar blogger lately. Tonight is no improvement. I'm only able to muster up enough energy for a little bulleted blogging this evening.
And so, here is a little update from the nest:
- I have some awesome parents. Today they took the boy birdie and I to see the stage production of Beauty and the Beast! Wow! It was such a great show and I think the baby bird enjoyed it - even with the scary parts.
- We're getting ready to wean calves next week. I'm dreading this for several reasons: one is that it's going to be FREEZING, and two, I hate weaning calves! It's always way harder on me than it is on them.
- October is almost over, can you believe it? Halloween is next week. The boy is going as a cowboy (3rd year in a row) and the girl is a peacock. I'll attempt to get some pictures to document this.
- The only good thing about November is that my favorite holiday is on the way....Thanksgiving!!! Oh how I love Thanksgiving.
- I need a haircut. So. Bad. I'm getting mats in my curls at night, it's that bad. I'm thinking about a new look. I dunno...any ideas?
- I need a date night. That doesn't involve cows, buying cows, doctoring cows, or calves.
- I've said this before, but I LOVE the show Parenthood. Oh, and I'm ready for Smash to come back. And can y'all believe this is the last season of The Office? I have watched since season one.
- Does anyone else think this has been the most beautiful fall we've had in a long time? I'm generally not a big fan of fall, but the great weather we've had and the gorgeous leaves, I'm going to make an exception this year.